Biotech Co. Has Multiple Shots on Goal
August 23, 2022 (Investorideas.com Newswire) This developer of immunotherapies has a robust pipeline, several active clinical programs and, thus, numerous catalysts, noted an Oppenheimer report.
Oppenheimer increased its price target on Immunocore Holdings Plc. (IMCR:NASDAQ) to $65 per share from $56 “given the measured, but in our opinion bullish, [operational] update from management,” analyst Justin Kim reported in an August 15, 2022 research note. Currently, Immunocore’s share price is around $53.62.
“We see a constructive macro environment for Immunocore, as the leading T-cell receptor platform offers a unique technology to acquisitive counterparties, and the stock’s setup into PRAME has drawn broad institutional interest,” Kim wrote.
Kim summarized the key points from the update, which cover several opportunities for Oppenheimer with its drug candidates.
1) Immunocore is scheduled to present, on September 9 at the European Society for Medical Oncology’s annual conference, initial data from the Phase 1 trial of IMC-F106C, its bispecific PRAME-targeting candidate, in solid tumors. Oppenheimer expects the readout to be “favorable,” based on conversations with the biotech’s management.
“Ahead of the upcoming PRAME readout, we raise our PoS for PRAME programs to 20% from 15%, given the expectation for these data to inform next stage development,” Kim noted.
2) Uptake of Immunocore’s KIMMTRAK (tebentafusp), launched commercially in Europe and the U.S. in H1/22 for uveal melanoma, has been faster than expected. In the U.S., the company has captured 40% of the potential patient population. In Europe, Q2/22 sales totaled ?32 million (?32M), higher than Oppenheimer and the Street’s projections of ?17.9M and ?18.3M, respectively.
“We see inflection for sales to be driven by factors of persistence, territory expansions, and prescribing practice,” wrote Kim.
3) Immunocore is advancing tebentafusp in cutaneous melanoma, with the next trial in this program, a randomized Phase 2/3, on track to commence in Q4/22. This additional indication of cutaneous melanoma “offers a compelling upside to uveal melanoma,” Kim pointed out.
4) Other of Immunocore’s programs, specifically IMC-I109V for the hepatitis B virus and IMC-M113V for the human immunodeficiency virus, could validate the use of T-cell receptor bispecifics in infectious diseases and, thus, broaden the company’s immunotherapy platform.
Along with the September 2022 PRAME readout and Q4/22 start of the tebentafusp study in cutaneous melanoma, a third catalyst expected this year, in Q4, is a Phase 1 ovarian expansion update for therapeutic candidate IMC-C103C.
Oppenheimer rates Immunocore Outperform.
1) Doresa Banning wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with: None. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures For Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., Immunocore Holdings plc., Aug. 15, 2022
Analyst Certification: The author certifies that this research report accurately states his/her personal views about the subject securities, which are reflected in the ratings as well as in the substance of this report. The author certifies that no part of his/her compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendations or views contained in this research report.
Potential Conflicts of Interest: Equity research analysts employed by Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. are compensated from revenues generated by the firm including the Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. Investment Banking Department. Research analysts do not receive compensation based upon revenues from specific investment banking transactions. Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. generally prohibits any research analyst and any member of his or her household from executing trades in the securities of a company that such research analyst covers. Additionally, Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. generally prohibits any research analyst from serving as an officer, director or advisory board member of a company that such analyst covers. In addition to 1% ownership positions in covered companies that are required to be specifically disclosed in this report, Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. may have a long position of less than 1% or a short position or deal as principal in the securities discussed herein, related securities or in options, futures or other derivative instruments based thereon. Recipients of this report are advised that any or all of the foregoing arrangements, as well as more specific disclosures set forth below, may at times give rise to potential conflicts of interest.
Company-Specific Disclosures: Important disclosures, including price charts, are available for compendium reports and all Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.-covered companies by logging on to https://www.oppenheimer.com/client-login.aspx or writing to Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., 85 Broad Street, New York, NY 10004, Attention: Equity Research Department, Business Manager.
Other Disclosures: This report is issued and approved for distribution by Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. transacts business on all principal exchanges and is a member of SIPC. This report is provided, for informational purposes only, to institutional and retail investor clients of Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any securities discussed herein in any jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation would be prohibited. The securities mentioned in this report may not be suitable for all types of investors.
This report does not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation or specific needs of any particular client of Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. Recipients should consider this report as only a single factor in making an investment decision and should not rely solely on investment recommendations contained herein, if any, as a substitution for the exercise of independent judgment of the merits and risks of investments. The analyst writing the report is not a person or company with actual, implied or apparent authority to act on behalf of any issuer mentioned in the report. Before making an investment decision with respect to any security recommended in this report, the recipient should consider whether such recommendation is appropriate given the recipient’s particular investment needs, objectives and financial circumstances. We recommend that investors independently evaluate particular investments and strategies, and encourage investors to seek the advice of a financial advisor. Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. will not treat non-client recipients as its clients solely by virtue of their receiving this report. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made regarding future performance of any security mentioned in this report.
The price of the securities mentioned in this report and the income they produce may fluctuate and/or be adversely affected by exchange rates, and investors may realize losses on investments in such securities, including the loss of investment principal. Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. accepts no liability for any loss arising from the use of information contained in this report, except to the extent that liability may arise under specific statutes or regulations applicable to Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. All information, opinions and statistical data contained in this report were obtained or derived from public sources believed to be reliable, but Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. does not represent that any such information, opinion or statistical data is accurate or complete (with the exception of information contained in the Important Disclosures section of this report provided by Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. or individual research analysts), and they should not be relied upon as such. All estimates, opinions and recommendations expressed herein constitute judgments as of the date of this report and are subject to change without notice. Nothing in this report constitutes legal, accounting or tax advice. Since the levels and bases of taxation can change, any reference in this report to the impact of taxation should not be construed as offering tax advice on the tax consequences of investments. As with any investment having potential tax implications, clients should consult with their own independent tax adviser. This report may provide addresses of, or contain hyperlinks to, Internet web sites.
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. has not reviewed the linked Internet web site of any third party and takes no responsibility for the contents thereof. Each such address or hyperlink is provided solely for the recipient’s convenience and information, and the content of linked third party web sites is not in any way incorporated into this document. Recipients who choose to access such third-party web sites or follow such hyperlinks do so at their own risk.
This research is distributed in the UK and elsewhere throughout Europe, as third party research by Oppenheimer Europe Ltd, which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). This research is for information purposes only and is not to be construed as a solicitation or an offer to purchase or sell investments or related financial instruments. This research is for distribution only to persons who are eligible counterparties or professional clients. It is not intended to be distributed or passed on, directly or indirectly, to any other class of persons. In particular, this material is not for distribution to, and should not be relied upon by, retail clients, as defined under the rules of the FCA. Neither the FCA’s protection rules nor compensation scheme may be applied. https://opco2.bluematrix.com/sellside/MAR.action.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire – a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
BiotechIndustryStocks.com – investing ideas in biotechnology stocks, medical technology and life sciences
Like Biotech Stocks? View our Biotech Stocks Directory